Financial Adviser Negligence
If someone’s been playing fast and loose with your financial future..
..it’s time they paid
If you feel that your financial adviser wasn’t quite as diligent as he or she should have been, then you may have a case.
If they didn’t follow the Financial Regulator’s code of practice, or your adviser didn’t obtain sufficient details regarding your financial circumstances and provided you with the wrong product or advice, then you should contact us to determine if you have a case for suing them.
Your adviser should have made detailed enquiries about your current and prospective personal circumstances and should have considered your attitude to risk, which would have entailed him or her explaining any investment in detail – including giving you a full picture of the risk involved.
The adviser should also explain that the value of investments can fluctuate and there may be a risk that the value of your investment may fall. You should also have been given product particulars including a document detailing fees and charges and their effect over the longer term.
Listed below are some of the reasons why the advice you received may not have been suitable for you, which may indicate professional negligence :-
- The financial adviser may have told you the investment was guaranteed to increase in value and make a good return.
- The financial adviser did not discuss other more suitable options for investment with you.
- The financial adviser didn’t explain how your money would be invested and explain the risks involved.
- The financial adviser failed to explain that performance depended on the stock market.
- The financial adviser failed to check you were comfortable with the risks of a stock market investment.
- The information which persuaded you to invest was misleading.
- The financial adviser didn’t explain any fees and charges and how they affect the return you get on your investment.
- The financial adviser took negligent advice from another person on behalf of his client.
- The financial adviser failed to provide a document detailing fees and charges.
- The financial adviser didn’t complete a fact-find.
- The financial adviser advised you take out unnecessary insurance policies to generate commission
You have nothing to lose by contacting us to establish if you have a case or not, as our initial consultation is free of charge.