Insurance Broker Negligence
If your policy didn’t pay out, then let’s get your broker to stump up!
When we insure something we do so because it’s important to us and it’s also usually something that costs a great deal of money to replace.
That’s why we go to professionals. We do so in good faith. We trust in what they say and do and we assume that they have provided the cover that we are paying for. So when you find that you weren’t properly covered and that your professional insurance broker hasn’t been as professional as you hoped, it can be devastating.
It’s financially disastrous and emotionally draining.
Contracts of insurance can be extremely complicated and if an insurer refuses to pay you under the terms of the insurance policy it does not necessarily mean the broker has been at fault. It may be the insurer is just being difficult.
We’ll assist you in determining who is at fault. In order to bring a successful claim for professional negligence against your insurance broker we must establish that the advice and service given fell well below what you could have reasonably expected and that that poor advice or poor service caused you to suffer a financial loss. If we can prove on your behalf that this was the case then you will have a successful claim.
There are many instances where an insurance broker may have failed to either provide you with the correct advice or failed to carry out their job with the expected level of competence. Such matters might include:
- Not insuring all risks which you specified
- Failing to provide a policy which fits your needs
- Failing to provide a policy with adequate cover
- Failing to renew the policy in time or at all
- Failing to advise you of substantive exclusion clauses or disclosure obligations
- Providing a restrictive insurance product which could bring adverse risk
- Not following your instructions causing financial loss
- Failing to report a risk to the insurance company
You have nothing to lose by contacting us to establish if you have a case or not, as our initial consultation is free of charge.